What is a cookie?
What type of cookies do we use?
We use the following cookies:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Targeting and Marketing cookies
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to access and use our Website but also deliver content that works on your device. Without these cookies, you will not be able to use all the service on our Website and if you decide to opt-out from those cookies certain parts of our Website will not work correctly or may not work at all. For example, we use session cookies on our Website to keep you logged into the Website and to avoid you having to login every time you load a game or move to another page.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies enable the features of our Website. They recognise you when you return to our Website and remember the choices you have made such as the selection of your favourite games. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your favourite games, your login details when you return to the Website, your game sound preference, your chat room preferences. etc). Without these cookies, you will still be able to use our Website, but your experience may not be as great as it should be, and you may not get the best of our services. You will not see content that is relevant to you.
- Analytical Cookies. These types of cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Without these cookies, you can still use and enjoy all the features of our Website. We also use these cookies to monitor and analyse the ongoing performance of the Website. Sometimes, these cookies will be set by third party providers on our behalf, but we make sure that any provider we work with is careful with this information. This information is fully anonymised which means that a third-party provider knows nothing more about our user’s identification other than a number.
- Targeting and Marketing Cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited (including, in the case of interest-based advertising, the pages of other websites) and the links you have followed. We use this information to measure the effectiveness of our marketing and to improve the overall relevance of the advertising we buy including, where possible, to make advertising more relevant to you. Without these cookies, you will be able to use and enjoy all the features of our Website but the ads you see will not be tailored to your preferences. You can find more information about the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them here.
|Type of Cookie||Name of Cookie||Purpose||Expiration Time||More information (if available)|
|Strictly Necessary Cookie||__distillery||This cookie is used by our video player to remember where you are in a video so that if a playback is interrupted (for example, by losing your internet connection) then you can get right back where you left off.||Session – 1 year||See How to Manage Your Cookies and Local Storage Preferences below|
|Strictly Necessary Cookie||Gamesys: SESSIONID, ROULETTESESSIONID , MEMBER_ID, ACKNOWLEDGE_COOKIE_POLICY, cookie_notice_accepted, sent-verification-email,UX, Personalisation, cordova, RedirectedToALendingPageThisSession.||These cookies are essential to operate the Website.||Session – 1 year||See How to Manage Your Cookies and Local Storage Preferences below|
|Strictly Necessary Cookie||Tealium – utag_main, _gat_Tealium||These cookies allow us to add additional adhoc functionality necessary to operate the website.||1 min – 1 year||Link|
|Strictly Necessary Cookie||Evolution: EVOSESSIONID, cdn||These cookies are required by certain third parties’ providers to access their games on our Website.||Session||See How to Manage Your Cookies and Local Storage Preferences below|
|Analytical Cookie||Google Analytics:__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, mmtst, mp_c62500fa8025ea64e37957808439db14_mixpanel, _ga||These cookies allow us to measure real user metrics of our Website functionality.||Session – 1 Year||Link|
|Analytical Cookie||Gamesys: wsid, vid, lid, chlid, chlt, acquisition,UNIQUE VISITOR, FirstVisit.||These cookies allow us to measure how we acquire new users to our Website. They also allow us to provide a better user experience by offering personalised products and information.||Session – 1 Year||See How to Manage Your Cookies and Local Storage Preferences below|
|Analytical Cookie||Maxymiser – mm_pc, utag_mainmm, mmapi.store.s, mmcore.tst||This cookie allows us to perform A/B testing of our Website functionality, so we can better understand what works better for our users.||Session – 1 year||Link|
SOUND,LOGIN, USERNAME, username, Bandwith, Warning-Popup, CLOTH_COLOUR_COOKIE, LAST_CATEGORY_VISITED, APP_BANNER_DISMISS_DATE, LANDING_PAGE_SEEN
|These cookies allow us to store user preferences for future visits.||1 year||See How to Manage Your Cookies and Local Storage Preferences below|
|Analytical & Targeting Cookie||DoubleClick (Google) – IDE, id, DSID,||DoubleClick is a service operated by Google which places a cookie on your device when you visit our Website. This type of cookie places an ID on your device to show you personalised advertising and marketing relating to your behaviour/preferences. We also use this type of cookie to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns, limit the number of times you see an advertisement, remember that you have visited a website and provide advertisements that are more relevant to your interests.||15min – 2 years||Link|
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR USE OF LOCAL STORAGE
What is local storage?
Browser web storage enables websites to store data in a browser on a device. This technology is similar to cookies in that only non-sensitive data is stored, but has a greater storage limit. When web storage is used in “local storage” mode, it enables data to be stored across sessions (meaning that data are retrievable even after the browser window has been closed and reopened). One technology that facilitates web storage (and local storage) is HTML 5.
What type of properties do we store in local storage?
We use Functionality Properties. These properties enable the features of our Website. They recognise you when you return to our Website and remember the choices you have made, such as the selection of your favourites pages or whether you’ve enabled notifications. This allows us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, sounds notifications, etc). Without these properties, you will still be able to use our Website, but your experience will be more difficult, and you may not get the best out of our services. You will not see content that is relevant to you.
You can find more information about the individual properties we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Session Storage||Functionality||loglevel||This property is used by website to define error logging level.|
|Session Storage||Functionality||wistia||This property is used by our website to embed video content on page.|
How to manage your cookies and local storage preferences?
You can accept or decline cookies. Most modern browsers allow you to see what cookies you have on your device and allow to manage your preferences by using their cookie settings. You can usually find these cookie settings in the “option” or “preference” menu of your browser. You can always use the “help” functionality in your browser to search for this information. Here is a list of links which will help you to understand how to manage your cookies preferences:
- Information about cookies in general
- How to manage your cookies in Internet Explorer.
- How to manage your cookies in Firefox.
- How to manage your cookies in Chrome.
- How to manage your cookies in Safari.
- How to manage your cookies in Microsoft Edge.
Modern browsers allow you to delete the data in local storage (also referred to as “website data”, “browsing data” or “other data” in some browsers) by using the privacy settings associated with that browser. Most browsers also now offer the option to accept, prompt for or block the storage of local data.
Opt-out in respect of interest-based advertising
If you do not want our ad partners to receive usage data derived from targeting cookies or you do not want to receive interest-based advertising, please follow the instructions at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, http://www.aboutads.info or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu in order to manage preferences via your browser. When you use your mobile app to access our Website, and if you provide your consent, we use app tracking technologies from third parties (e.g. Facebook, Appsee, Google Analytics, Nanigans, Tune and Income Access) which may record unique identifiers associated to your device to follow your activity within your app. This information is used to analyse and improve our services and for apps supported by advertising, to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. If you are using the mobile app, you can manage your ads preferences via your device’s privacy setting (e.g., Apple iOS Limit Ad Tracking, Opt-out of seeing personalised Ad on Android device/Google).
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a maximum period of 2 years or, in respect of interest-based advertising after the period stated in the relevant section above.
Virgin Games is operated by Nozee Limited of Suite 2, Floor 2, Waterport Place, Gibraltar, GX11 1AA. Contact Us
VIRGIN and the Virgin Signature logo are registered trademarks of Virgin Enterprises Limited and used under licence.
Copyright © The Gamesys Group 2013 – 2018. All rights reserved.